true[X] (owned by Fox when I worked there) was an innovative ad-tech company focused on interactive advertising across mobile, desktop and OTT. Founded by Joe Marchese, it was, in many ways a philosophy first company which is why I enjoyed working there. It was his belief, and the company's, that digital advertising was fundamentally broken in terms of how it measured, sold and priced views and clicks instead of attention.
Thus, the entire company was focused on creating opt-in interactive ad experiences that provided value for viewers, publishers and advertisers.
In my role, I worked with media agencies, creative agencies, brands, and our own internal teams to develop new strategies and create best practices for interactive advertising. I also spent a lot of time traveling with our account and sales teams to client and agency meetings to lead discussions on creative and strategic best practices. In bullet points…
- Worked under VP to develop annual and quarterly departmental objectives
- Led the creation and rollout of materials to provide product best practices and onboarding for FNG sales and account teams
- Established recurring sessions between creative, product, engineering and research teams to share ideas and ensure all teams were up to speed on product functionality and capability to improve creative execution and performance
- Worked closely with the research team on A/B testing and other quantitative studies to improve campaign performance and identify potential testing opportunities across campaigns
- Worked on campaigns for most major brands across most categories. A few include T-Mobile, Chrysler, Truth campaign, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Marvel, Disney, Warner Brothers, Hotels.com and Fruit of the Loom
A few engagements from the hundreds I worked on are shown below. Additionally, much of my time was spent formalizing best practices and creating playbooks for different verticals (CPG, Auto, Entertainment, etc.) that broke down the most effective formats and functionality based on various KPIs.